Registrants are subject to a regime of regulation defined as Rules which, “means and includes any right, requirement, obligation of a registrant or duty or power of the Institute that is set out in the Act, a Bylaw, a Board rule, a Discipline Committee rule and the Rules of Professional Conduct, as amended from time to time.”
The rules work together in regulation, with the Act at the core of the Board's ability to generate rules. If the Act does not require or permit a rule in a particular aspect of regulation or Institute function the rule cannot be made.
Registrants are subject to regulation defined as Rules, which includes:
- The Accounting Profession Act
- The Accounting Profession Regulatory Bylaws
- The Accounting Profession Administrative Bylaws
- Rules of Professional Conduct (RPCs) and Rule Interpretations
- The Accounting Profession Regulatory Board Rules
- The Accounting Profession Administrative Board Rules
- Discipline Committee Rules made pursuant to subsection 30(3) of the Act.